Why is it already the end of April!? We got sick near-ish the beginning of April so naturally this month became a time warp and I feel like one of those abductees from X-Files that lost time. It should be only mid-april rn...NOT days away from May! I'm learning to accept this and move on. ;)
You know what I love about this blog? It has no rules. I needed this space, just someplace to post when I want about what I want with really no rhyme or reason or schedule. I have intentions for the future. I always do. ;) But for now, this is my little getaway space free of expectation and I love it. Today, I really just wanted to brain dump on you and share a little bit about whats been going on as of late and a few things I'm really into...
1. You know what takes forever? Insurance! We've been in the process of getting Soren "started with ABA therapy" for months and months. We are on the literal verge of getting things going and I'm doing my best to be so so patient. I'm SO excited about getting him started and I know it will make such an impact on him and in our home. So I'm counting down the days. Last I heard, they were working out scheduling so....I'm crossing my fingers for May!
2. I went to an amazing conference last week called Business Boutique and it rocked my world. It is probably one of the most practical, applicable and actionable conferences I've ever attended and is perfect for my dreamers, starters and builders out there that are creating or growing their own business. I found all of the information super applicable for any woman whether you have kids or not and whether you are a small biz owner, blogger or part of an MLM structure. SO good! They are doing their full 2.5 day event in November in Nashville and I'm so going! Christy's book, Business Boutique was also released recently and I can't wait to dive into it.
3. Podcasts! Twice a week I drive Soren to speech and OT and 1-2 each week, after the kids go to bed, I head out for a meeting or some other type of shenanigan while Jon's at home. I've been working on being more intentional with my car rides and do some podcast listening. Lately these are my LOVES: Business Boutique, yep she also has a podcast, so good! The Goal Digger, a good variety but mostly business focused. The Marie Forleo Podcast, she's a business genius and I love her. And for fun...Rose Buddies, I love their reviews on The Bachelor franchise...hilarious! Lore, creepy folklore told in an amazing way.
4. So this month I bought actual, real live plants. I'm usually known for having a slew of fake plants all over my house from Hobby Lobby and Target. They look great and I only have to dust them! This month, however, I made the leap and bought myself some somewhat hardy plants to work on taking care of even though I've typically been the opposite of a plant lady. I guess being a plant lady is learned and is a choice?? Hah, well...I'm happy to report that all of my babies...the ferns, the rubber tree, the snake plant, the hens n' chicks and the herbs are HAPPY! And growing! *movie clip from Hook plays...."You're doing it Peter!! You're doing it!"*
5. This Sunday my family and friends are getting together to participate in the Autism Speaks walk in Atlanta! I've never participated in anything like this before so I'm not sure what to expect but I'm so proud and excited to be walking alongside my loved ones in honor of Soren! I'm even making matching t-shirt because I'm in hardcore mom mode rn. ;)
6. For the remainder of April, 10% of the proceeds from our candle company, Lindbergh Candle Co. are going towards Autism Speaks!
7. Did you know I have an obsession with essential oils? Come hang out with me over on my @MamaTribeOils instagram account where I make A LOT of DIYs and post fun tips and recipes for using your oils!
8. So about the whole YouTube thing...guys, I want so bad to get back into the swing of things. I don't know when this will be if I'm being honest. It will happen again, just not sure when. I miss it so much tho!
9. Aria's favorite words right now are "Cracker" "Good Girl" "MORE!" "Ball" and "Baba". She is also a dancing fool. Can't wait to put her in dance when she gets a little older. :)
10. Jon and I are celebrating 7 years of marriage in May. We are doing a mini getaway for two nights with a huge priority on going out to eat and eating really good food! CANNOT WAIT.
Thanks for catching up with me friends. Chat with you again soon.
With love, Sav.